IFamily for Kittens

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

IFamily for Kittens

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat May 31, 2008 3:57 am

Originally posted by favell44

I take my 12" iBook with me when I visit libraries for research, and I took it to the UK last year when my wife and I visited family-related places. Having easy access to all the family data, with the ability to update, has become an essential tool for me.
Next year I plan to get an iMac and if the rumours about a tablet Mac are true then I would use the latter as my portable Mac.
And now a suggestion from left field. A version of iFamily lite which would be easily legible on a small screen would be a boon. It would not need to have colour, charts, reports etc, just a list of people with their essential details, a display of a person with their parents and children (navigable) and the ability to read, add and change essential data. No need for personal notes, photos, events etc, perhaps just a place for general notes.
Upon returning home the data could be transferred to the iMac and refined and added to as needed using the full version of iFamily.
Obviously the iFamily database would live on both machines. I imagine licensed users of iFamily could buy the lite version for a further fee.
Meanwhile my love affair with iFamily continues. It has spurred me on to enrich my database in ways that were difficult (or impossible) with my former software.
Keep up the good work.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

IFamily for Kittens

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat May 31, 2008 4:23 am

Hi Tony,

Under FAQ's there is a post on How do I transfer data to a Palm Tx using GedWise?

If you have a WiFi connection and a web browser on your phone then you can generate HTML, upload it to a web site and then view it on your phone, but you cannot edit the web pages.

But there is also the iPhone - maybe one day they will release them to us poor guys DownUnder.

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

IFamily for Kittens

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:32 am

Originally posted by favell44

Hi Keith

Now that the iPhone is heading to Australia, just what would I implement on it for iFamily? Would I use it just as a web browser, to look at pages generated from iFamily, or would there be some (small) implementation of iFamily for the iPhone?

Regards, Tony

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

IFamily for Kittens

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:27 am

favell44 wrote:Hi Keith. Now that the iPhone is heading to Australia, just what would I implement on it for iFamily? Would I use it just as a web browser, to look at pages generated from iFamily, or would there be some (small) implementation of iFamily for the iPhone?Regards, Tony
Maybe you have already noticed that you can adjust the width of the iFamily HTML output down to a size that just happens to fit nicely on an iPhone or iPodTouch? In the meantime. Maybe someone else will produce a nice iPhone genealogy application ... I enjoy what I do, so maybe cutting some code for an iPhone might be fun.

Keith