List displays

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

List displays

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri May 16, 2008 2:13 am

Originally posted by jaeliason

It would be useful in lists (of children in a family for instance) to be able to display christening dates and locations in the place of (or in addition to birth dates) since the former are often known while the latter are often not known. Then the list could be sorted by age of the children and chronological information would be more readily apparent. I looked for such an option but could not find one.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

List displays

Post by Keith Wilson » Sun May 25, 2008 3:17 am

jaeliason wrote:It would be useful in lists (of children in a family for instance) to be able to display christening dates and locations in the place of (or in addition to birth dates) since the former are often known while the latter are often not known. Then the list could be sorted by age of the children and chronological information would be more readily apparent. I looked for such an option but could not find one.
The above is OK if you are working with Christian families but some may also want Baptism as an alternative. Other religions may prefer more options so...

What I suggest is that you enter a birth event with an approximate birth date such as " About 1932" or " Before 1932" and enter a Note that ithe birth date has been " Estimated Birth based on Christening Date" .

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

List displays

Post by Keith Wilson » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:45 am

jaeliason wrote:It would be useful in lists (of children in a family for instance) to be able to display christening dates and locations in the place of (or in addition to birth dates) since the former are often known while the latter are often not known. Then the list could be sorted by age of the children and chronological information would be more readily apparent. I looked for such an option but could not find one.
In Version 2.391 two new menu options have been added called Events - Calculate Birth Dates from Christenings and Baptisms and Events - Calculate Death Dates from Burials and Cremations. This will at least ensure that more people have birth and death dates for the various sort and compare functions within iFamily.
Keith