Enhancement to Active Source window

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed May 07, 2008 6:56 pm

Originally posted by hib

When one clicks on Sources/Activate a source menu item or the A/S button in the main window, a window for working with active sources is brought up. One of the nice features available here is the ability to see all the locations of the citations for each source. My request is related to this feature.

What I would like is to be able to have this window become stand-alone (either by default or by a user-activated action) and then have the ability to choose a person in the list of citations and have this person become the focal person with this citation highlighted in the Sources pane. This way one can have both windows open and walk through all the citations and optionally review the content by either double-clicking on the name or clicking on a button that causes the above actions.

Would others find this useful?

Thanks for your consideration.

Al

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Sun May 25, 2008 1:41 am

hib wrote:When one clicks on Sources/Activate a source menu item or the A/S button in the main window, a window for working with active sources is brought up. One of the nice features available here is the ability to see all the locations of the citations for each source. My request is related to this feature.

What I would like is to be able to have this window become stand-alone (either by default or by a user-activated action) and then have the ability to choose a person in the list of citations and have this person become the focal person with this citation highlighted in the Sources pane. This way one can have both windows open and walk through all the citations and optionally review the content by either double-clicking on the name or clicking on a button that causes the above actions.

Would others find this useful? Thanks for your consideration. Al
Hi Al,

You can currently Right Click on a person in the list of Source References in the Sources Add/Edit dialog, and then Promote the person to be the Focal Person of the Context Diagram. Not a slick as you would like but ... Will think about it - maybe a new menu option called Sources - Where Used would be more appropriate - and I could then also add a Print button as well?

Keith