Relationship PDF

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Relationship PDF

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat May 03, 2008 3:53 am

Originally posted by favell44

The relationship calculator gives me hours of innocent fun, but it is also very useful for explaining to a distant rellie just how we are related. It would be nice to be able to create a pdf showing the info in the top right panel and the sentence at the bottom in the green area.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Relationship PDF

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat May 03, 2008 6:29 am

favell44 wrote:The relationship calculator gives me hours of innocent fun, but it is also very useful for explaining to a distant rellie just how we are related. It would be nice to be able to create a pdf showing the info in the top right panel and the sentence at the bottom in the green area.
I agree. The Relationship Calculator needs a Print button that will generate some text and some sort of " route map" . It should be fun to build but I cannot promise anything until June at the earliest - I am taking 3 weeks leave.

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Relationship PDF

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat May 03, 2008 6:51 am

Thanks Keith.
Have a good break.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Relationship PDF

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat May 03, 2008 10:32 am

Hi Anthony,

In V2.385 I have added a Print button to the Relationships Calculator - nothing fancy, it just prints the shortest path of relationships between two people.

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Relationship PDF

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed May 07, 2008 6:33 pm

Originally posted by hib

Keith,

Thanks for this addition it is nice. I wonder if " Print" is the right name for the button since the button actually produces a file rather than actually printing. I don't have a great short alternative but perhaps " save to text" or " generate text file" (since not actually saving). At any rate, it is a nice addition.

Al

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Relationship PDF

Post by Keith Wilson » Thu May 08, 2008 12:39 am

Nice suggestion Hib. Perhaps a PDF button.