Highlight colour for speculative entries

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:58 pm

Originally posted by hallow

)I know I shouldnt but I like to add probables ( sometimes even possibles) it would be handy if I could highlight these with a separate colour ( this allows me to remember what I have done after the cricket stops). I still find iFamily a great program for helping me, particularly when seeing familiar names in Forums.
dean

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:25 pm

Hi Dean,

Using ToDo

Maybe you could use the ToDo list for each person to indicate that more research is needed.

The menu option is People - ToDo

The keyboard shortcut is to Left Click on a person in the Context Diagram and then use Option+Cmd+T where Cmd is the Apple key.

Using a Project View

If you have a lot of people with the same research requirement then you could also create a Project View and then use Right Click (or Option+Click) in the Context Diagram to add people to the Project View. Then all those people in the Project View would be highlighted with a green background.

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:47 pm

Originally posted by hallow

Thanks Keith Ill give it a try
dean

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:42 pm

Originally posted by DennisB

I thought about the " speculative" entry too - especially for those entries that I've picked up from wc.rootsweb.com that don't give adequate source information. (I know I shouldn't do that!)

Rather than using color, which isn't that useful for us with 1000 entries, I'd suggest adding a TAG field (like SOURCE is now. That way you can create your own tag types (like " speculative" ) in different categories, and search for the entries having that tag. Reports would have an option to output the tags, or not.

A workaround is to use SOURCE and TO DO entries to control your work. But I'd rather not mix up info in the sources.

DennisB ver 2.378

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:02 am

DennisB wrote:I thought about the " speculative" entry too - especially for those entries that I've picked up from wc.rootsweb.com that don't give adequate source information. (I know I shouldn't do that!)

Rather than using color, which isn't that useful for us with 1000 entries, I'd suggest adding a TAG field (like SOURCE is now. That way you can create your own tag types (like " speculative" ) in different categories, and search for the entries having that tag. Reports would have an option to output the tags, or not.

DennisB ver 2.378
Hi Dennis

The Project View feature does something very similar to your TAG idea - create a new project View called " Speculative Entry" . Activate the Project View. To add people to the Project View use Right Click and then select Add/remove from Project View from the pop-up menu. The keyboard shortcut is Option-Click

Keith