Footnotes Endnotes

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Footnotes Endnotes

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:27 pm

Originally posted by Mike0301

Version 2.341
I'm using NeoOffice to process everything.

When generating a story I would like to be able to convert ALL of my sources to footnotes or endnotes for a particular person.

Is there a way to indicate WHICH source or citation links to which entry (Marriage record f'r instance) to the entry that John X and Mary Y are married on this date in the generated story?

I add a superscript 1 at the date or location or whatever. (Alright, I'm an academic wonk, I live and breathe footnotes and end notes.)

Kinda like this:
John X and Mary Y are married on this date (1) more text and blah blah and another entry (2) blah.

then at the bottom of the page or in the endnote section...

(1) Marriage Record Bongo County Book X
(2) Citation of blah.

I'm cutting and pasting to make footnotes, endnotes AND enjoying all the benefits of carpal tunnel syndrome from extended mousification.

[Geek Alert ON] Or possibly a CSV file of sources to import into the bibliography database in NeoOffice that would be referenced in the Master document? [Geek Alert OFF]

Thanks

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Footnotes Endnotes

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:43 pm

In the past handling Endnote was shark infested water and different word processors messed them up in different ways so I have intentionally not implemented them in the RTF and RTFD reports generated by iFamily. Maybe I need to revisit the problem and give the user an option. If you like I can recommend a good surgeon who will remedy your carpel tunnel syndrome.

Keith