Time-stamping editing of people

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:28 pm

Originally posted by hib

There have been a number of times that I have had a need to recall which edits I have recently made. It would be nice if for each person there was an attached last_edited_time_stamp that would keep track of the last time a change was made somewhere in the record (in any field). This would then allow the option of finding all edits within various time frames (such as edits made in the last day, week, month). In other requests, I noted the mention of an audit trail that would be more detailed. While that would be nice (to have the detail at a per field basis), a per record basis would be quite handy and sufficient. I would then know which people I have recently changed so that I could make similar changes on a web version through an export. This, of course, would require the People Index to include the option of listing all those who have been edited in the last day/week/month and so on. What do others think?

Al

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:51 am

There is a last edited field in the Person's pane - the LH tab at the bottom of the main window - but it is not always reliable.

I gave up trying to create an audit trail under Tiger but maybe it is possible in Leopard - it is back on the ToDo list but do not hold your breath waiting for it.

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:55 pm

Originally posted by hib

While an audit trail is agreeably ambitious, I was hoping for something less so. It would help to have available those that were recently edited (not really caring in which field) so that I can export those. Thus, I would like an addition to the Index of People that would generate a csv file for those who have been recently edited (with recent defined within a dialog box).

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:11 am

I would also like to have a report on recent changes to the database, but not necessarily as part of the People Index.

Keith