Consolidation of Search Capabilities

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:35 pm

Originally posted by jimwinfrey

iFamily has some pretty neat search capabilities. My suggestion is a consolidation of what is already there to make it more usable. I'd like to see searches produce a window similar to the Index window so that the results of the search remain open for reference until my task is completed. The ideal situation for my needs would be to integrate the search function into the Index. Then we could see quite a bit of information about the folks in the resulting search results.

Jim

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:45 pm

Hi Jim,

One of the problems with a live search report would be keeping it up to date as you make changes.

At the moment you could use menu option Reports - Filtered People, generate the report and have it floating around in TextEdit while you work. The Filtered People report is static and will not be updated as you change things in iFamily, but you could edit the report as you work to indicate that various things have been addressed and do not need further action. If you use a more complex word processor (MS Word?) then you can add sticky notes to the report.

Does that provide part of what you need?

Keith