Webpage generation

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Webpage generation

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:21 am

Originally posted by sarahnickolet

I have searched the boards here to see if this has already been asked or discussed but from what I came up with it hasn't.

Are there any plans to have a html generator or create websites from the iFamily file? Or do you know of a good gedcom to html program out there? A free one at that :-) I googled it and there are a few out there for the Mac but just wondering if others out there are using a particular one they love...or if it's possible for this amazing program to have that capability.

Thanks
Sarah

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Webpage generation

Post by Keith Wilson » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:59 am

Originally posted by Bob

sarah

Prior to switching to iFamily I used a program for the MAC called GEDitCOM which I still use to generate a web site. To update my web site I export a file from iFamily and read it into GEDitCOM. Hop this helps. I would find it useful if this feature could be added to iFamily.

Bob

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Webpage generation

Post by Keith Wilson » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:44 pm

Originally posted by thor0128

This would be a nice add on feature, but could it use CSS standards along with HTML? A HTML generated site requires a fair amount of work (to make it look like the rest of a web site), I have used other applications for this but it would be nice to have it in iFamily.