Main window - descendant version?

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:15 pm

Originally posted by Kirkman

I was wondering what if you added a feature to toggle the main window such that it showed the descendants of the Focal Person rather than his/her ancestors.

He/she would be at the right side of the screen (or perhaps at the top), with 2 or 3 generations flowing out from there.

I know with a large number of children it would be difficult to show in one window more than a couple generations. Perhaps a top-to-bottom approach might make work better for descendants.

In any case, what do you think? I would find it convenient to see multiple sets of brothers and sisters in the main window. Easier to move to various parts of the family.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:42 pm

Hi Kirkman

I hear you but one of my ancestors had 84 grandchildren so the Context Diagram would no longer be a Context Diagram.

The Descendants (D) button on the Toolbar will display any number of generations of Descendants.

Regards, Keith Wilson

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:42 pm

Hi Kirkman

I forgot to mention that there is already a way of showing grandchildren in the Context Diagram

Right Click on any child and the pop-up menu will contain a submenu that lists that child's children.

Does that help?

Keith