Index output options

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Index output options

Post by Keith Wilson » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:08 pm

Originally posted by Neville

::)
I see that a CSV option has been added, but isn't that PC stuff?
I would like TDV (tab delimited values) so that I can paste the output into a spreadsheet and sort it.
(TDV works with AppleWorks AND Numbers)
It would be good to also have that option in Reports.

Neville Thomas

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Index output options

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:22 pm

Originally posted by Joe McGrath

Can anyone help?
I am trying to export the descendants of 4 generations onto a spreadsheet and all the CSV report produces is a spreadsheet with one line of information.
Am I doing something wrong or is this not available?
Thanks
Joe

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Index output options

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:51 am

Hi Joe

I think you are tring to do something that is not available.

Please tell me what you are going to do with it when you have it. Maybe I can then nut out what should be in each column and each row.

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Index output options

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:34 am

Joe McGrath wrote:Hi Keith,
Many thanks in responding so promptly.
What I am trying to do is this:
I have around 10 families within my family tree (aunts, uncles and a lot of cousins), I am looking for a way of selecting the family through their father and then exporting the family across to a spreadsheet. This will allow me to email the spreadsheet to the family and they can then complete and return. It is probably not requested that much but I have 78 first cousins and don't know all of their names or birthdays etc. If I could export the information contained on the screen when I press " descendants" of a selected person that would be the ideal solution.
Best Wishes
Joe Joe
Hi Joe,

I have sent you V2.257 which has new " Print" button on the Relatives pane that may do what you want. Please try it and let me know what is missing for your purposes. You could print different spreadsheets for each person, get them to fill them in and then compare the results - although if your relies are like mine then ....

Keith

And here was Joe's off-line reply
This is perfect and exactly what I require as the relies are all ordered in families so its easier to cut and paste etc.
You are a star.....
Many Thanks
Joe