Context Sensitive Pictures

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:10 pm

Originally posted by ricky

One more thing I miss from Family historian :-

If you have a picture that shows more than one person, you can insert the picture into your family tree file once and then link it to each of the people in the picture. You can then link each person to their own face in the picture. You do this by drawing stretchy boxes around each face to mark the linked area - just like how you crop in iFamily. But, like in the Transcribe feature, where the transcribed text can be selected and then hyper-linked to a rectangle that has been drawn on the photo, you can hyperlink to the person record.

So, for example, you have a group wedding photo with 20 faces on, you can run your mouse over the image and not only see who everyone is ( as we can do already with the Transcribe function, but by selecting the text with the mouse rather than click on the picture ) but hyperlink to their record.

Also, I used this for scans of census returns, so you can effectively open the image of census return and run your mouse over it and click on a person on the census return and be taken to their person record.

thanks, Ricky.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:41 am

Pictures Where Used

In the next version of iFamily (not yet released) there are 3 new functions for Pictures - Where Used - all thanks to David Walton.

1. A report called Pictures - Where Used

2. When you Right Click on a picture in the Pictures pane the pop-up menu displays a list of other people that are cropped from that picture. You can select a person and immediately display the Picture Editor for that person.

2. In the Picture editing dialog there is a new table under the notes field called " Other References to this Picture" . I think the simplest solution may be to allow the user to click on people in this table - or maybe a mouse-over - which would display a crop rectangle for the selected person. I will put this on my todo list and see what it looks like.

Regards, Keith Wilson

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Keith Wilson » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:00 am

Originally posted by ricky

Keith, these three sound great ! looking forward to the new version already....!