Source Manager - tracking who should be source'd

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Source Manager - tracking who should be source'd

Post by Keith Wilson » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:31 am

Originally posted by dbgnvan

Many source records will reference multiple people. For example a census record listing several names. I would like to enter that source once with a name that makes sense - like JoeDoe Head c 1930. So far so good - I do this now. What I would like as an a new feature, is to be able to list for that source - the people that I want to eventually link this source to. My idea is just a list of names, with a " completed" check box beside each. The list of names can be typed in or brought in from my Tree with the source being for an event. The point is that I don't want to loose track of which source records have bits of info on them for which people. The extra feature here would be to show me a report of incomplete source records and a report of people listed is these source record lists that are not on my tree. The broader example is that I can find a family and track it over 5 census records - it can break out into other families and other census records. I could have 10 - 15 census records with a bunch of people and bits of info about each one. I don't want to have to keep examining each record to insure I've got everything for each person extracted from the source into iFamily. I'd be happy to discuss if you want to have a phone call some time. This could be a version 2 kind of thing.