Images in reports

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Images in reports

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:30 pm

Originally posted by cosmo

Keith I love this program

if possible would like to see when you print out a report to be able to include the image of the person eg as default image as I can see you can have lotsof each person ......I may have missed this capability

I love that I can also have my BDM certs as well on hand in the frame this is a brilliant capability I can now see at a glance what cetts I have and view them .......congratulations you are whizz
I have put a mention of it on the Lanark list as a few Mac users there
Lesley

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Images in reports

Post by Keith Wilson » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:00 am

Thanks Les,

Just finishing a Family Group Page that includes summary info for each person in a family group with their default pictures - should be finished on Monday or Tuesday - will email it to you as soon as it is ready. The idea is that it can be used in addition to the existing reports as a pretty front page summary - and then attach the existing report for details if you like - or something like that. When you get it let me know if it satisfies your needs - it's not quite what you asked for but ...

Many thanks for the Lanark link. We are nearly ready to ramp up the marketing effort so whatever references we can get from other sites would be much appreciated - like for instance, Cindy's List, Mac User Group sites, etc, etc....

We have a complaint from USA that iFamily for Tiger is being kept a secret and is only available to a select group of Mac users who sort of stumble across it.

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Images in reports

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:43 am

Originally posted by Douglas

We have a complaint from USA that iFamily for Tiger is being kept a secret and is only available to a select group of Mac users who sort of stumble across it.

Actually, there was no complaint. Rather, you are thinking of my friendly suggestion which was to " get the word out," e.g., by inviting Dick Eastman to post a review of iFamily for Tiger at the EOGN.com website. A favorable review would surely draw a GREAT level of response from prospective customers located " across the pond." Another idea would be to have iFamily for Tiger listed on Versiontracker.com.

A third (unrelated) suggestion: Suggest that future releases of iFamily for Tiger include the option to insert the subject's dafault image placed atop the " individual" report. Fourth suggestion: in the main screen view of iFamily for Tiger, why not implement the capability to toggle the display, to have the family tree cascade vertically, rather than only the horizontal view. On the vertical tree, place the default images of the focal-couple (mother/father images) directly in the field of view. How much labor would any/all of the above suggestions entail?

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Images in reports

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:36 am

Originally posted by Chris Knight

Keith,
iFamily is not on Cyndi's list - are you going to submit it there?

My own genealogy site is still listed in the " what's new section" after three years! However, it did get me a lot of hits initially, mainly I think because it promoted my Google ranking.

Chris

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Images in reports

Post by Keith Wilson » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:01 am

Another suggestion which impacts the visual impact and user functionality: Is there a way to resize the iFamily main window so that the window STAYS resized from session to session? For example, I read that one particular application (Omniweb) has an option, located under the " window" command, to " save window size." Without this type of feature the user is compelled to manually resize the window every time the user opens the program.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Images in reports

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:30 am

Hi Chris, you asked: QUOTE Is there a way to resize the iFamily main window so that the window STAYS resized from session to session? UNQUOTE

So you have a 30" cinema screen (you lucky guy) and you want iFamily for Tiger to fill the screen every time you open it?

In iFamily for Tiger you can have multiple databases open and displayed at the same time.

So what we have done (in V1.204) is to save the frame for the last window closed in a session and that is the size for the first window opened in a subsequent session. If you then open other iFamily databases their initial windows open at the default size which is 980 x 760, centred in middle of the screen.

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Images in reports

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:35 pm

Thank you!

(and, yup, I do view at resolutions substantially larger than 980 x 760, as perhaps do many older genealogy enthusiasts)

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Images in reports

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:49 pm

Hi Chris, You said " iFamily is not on Cyndi's list - are you going to submit it there? "

iFamily for Tiger has been submitted to Cindi's list and is in her long list of pending items.

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Images in reports

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:30 pm

Dick Eastman - wonderful person - seems very quick to be helpful in " getting the word out"

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Images in reports

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:53 pm

&quot Dick Eastman ...&quot
Many thanks Douglas, will contact him.
Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Images in reports

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:19 am

Glad to see 1.204 released. Curiously, on my (Intel Imac) it does not remember the size of the last opened window. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Images in reports

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:15 am

Thanks Douglas,
It currently only works if you quit by closing the main window with the red close button in the top LH corner of the main window frame. Have amended the code to also save the frame size when you use Control Q or if you quit using the menu option Quit iFamily For Tiger.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Images in reports

Post by Keith Wilson » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:54 am

include the option to insert the subject's dafault image placed atop the " individual" report.

Thank you Douglas - done in V1.205. In the reports for Selected Person, Ancestors and Descendants the user may opt to include the default pictures for each person + their spouse.
Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Images in reports

Post by Keith Wilson » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:08 am

Douglas wrote:Fourth suggestion: in the main screen view of iFamily for Tiger, why not implement the capability to toggle the display, to have the family tree cascade vertically, rather than only the horizontal view. On the vertical tree, place the default images of the focal-couple (mother/father images) directly in the field of view. How much labor would any/all of the above suggestions entail?
This sort of functionality was previously built and tested but based on the KISS priciple it was taken out because we decided to keep the main window interface as simple and straight forward as possible.

Keith