Ancestors and Descendants Diagrams

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

Ancestors and Descendants Diagrams

Post by Keith Wilson » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:03 pm

As an example, Chris sent me an email after he had loaded Version 1.202 and here is the reply

Hi Chris.

It does print OK on my Canon i965, although as you say the scaling factor is ignored. This is a pity at present since the RxCx number at the top of the page does not appear fully on the print-out - it's chopped in half owing to its proximity to the printable extent of the page.

Will fix the printing of the Row and Column numbers - it only just works OK on my printer.

1. scaleable text - at present, reducing the size of the column width (what is a column in this context anyway?) cuts the number of displayed characters and reducing the point size of the characters doesn't display a greater number of characters.

Scaleable text for complex diagrams is resource hungry - I am working on a new algorithm that should speed things up but then it still may look a bit messy on this diagram.

2. A grab hand to move the screen around (preferably invoked with a right click). Persoanll, I hate having to use a scroll bar for this.

Done - will be in Version 1.203

3. A simple overall zoom control to increase or decrease the amount of stuff displayed would be nicer than than the individual controls.
and
4. A " show everything button" coupled with a zoom to selected area control would also be nice.

Done. Have added a Size-to-Fit toggle button in the toolbar - works great - thanks for the idea. Have left the individual controls as they were in V1.202.

5. A diagram that shows spouses (the " All rellies" thing I mentioned for Family Historian) would be good too.

Have added this one to the todo list.

Please note that another enhancement has also been added to the Ancestors and Descendants diagrams which is yet another toggle button in the toolbar, to display either brief info per person or Full Details per person, where Full Details looks like

George_VI WINDSOR
King of England
b. 14 Dec 1895 at York Cottage, Sandringham, Norfolk, England
m. 1923 Elizabeth BOWES-LYON
d. 06 Feb 1952 at Sandringham, Norfolk, England

Regards, Keith