Reports

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
cturbeville

Reports

Post by cturbeville » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:51 pm

I want to start off by saying that you have a brilliant program. I have been working on my family history on paper since 1979 and on the computer since 1981. I have tried every PC program out there with Legacy and The Master Genealogist being the best. I have recently come over to the Dark Side (Mac) and will never return. Thus my problem, while this program is one of the best I have come across for ease of data entry, GUI, and just being chock full of ways to look at your data. Improving it's reporting ability would be greatly appreciated. Is there any chance of you including a Register Report? I would be more than happy to send you an example. Thanks again for creating such a wonderful program.

Pewterpot

Re: Reports

Post by Pewterpot » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:34 pm

Aaaagh! FROM the dark side :)
cturbeville wrote: I have recently come over to the Dark Side (Mac)
Agree that it's the best programme around, but not sure what a 'Register' report is.
Perhaps if you made your requirements a little clearer, it's possible that Warwick will come back to you fairly soon.

Happy Christmas to all
20" iMac G5.
OSX 10.6.8

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous!

cturbeville

Register Report Example

Post by cturbeville » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:27 pm

The following is the definition of a Register Report and below that is an example

The Register System

The register system is a standardized numbering system for the descendants of an individual. In this system, the first person is assigned the number 1. His or her children are then listed in birth order, indented and identified by lower-case letters (a, b, c, etc.). The children who have documented descendants are also given an Arabic number, which is written to the left of their birth order letter. The numbers then begin to resemble an outline. This simplifies the tracing of all descendants of the start person through their unique numbers.

The New England Historic Genealogical Society of Boston, Massachusetts, created the register system for use in its publication, the New England Historical and Genealogical Register.

Example Register Report

Generation

1. Absalom Benjamin Turbeville was born April 1839 in Marion District, South Carolina and died June 27, 1926 in Columbus County, North Carolina. He married Sarah Jan Arnette, daughter of Cade Arnette and Elizabeth Barfield, about 1861. She was born August 10, 1846 in Robeson County, North Carolina and died November 25, 1912 in Columbus County, North Carolina. He may have been burried on the Jake Worrell farm, Grists, Columbus County, North Carolina. She was buried in the Cherry Grove Baptist Church Cemetery, Columbus County, North Carolina.

Children of Absolom Benjamin Turbeville and Sarah Jane Arnette:

2. i. James Richard Turbevillle
3. ii. Asa Turbeville
4. iii. George Turbeville
5. iv. Cade Mabery Turbeville
6. v. Neal Turbeville

Generation 2

2. James Richard Turbeville (Absolom 1) was born March 26, 1862 in Hillsboro Township, Marion District, South Carolina and died October 14, 1931 in Columbus County, North Carolina. He married 1st Florence Bullock about 1880. She was born May 10, 1861 and died May 20, 1897. He married 2nd Louisa Grainger about 1897. She was born July 12, 1874 in South Carolina and died February 13, 1949. Richard and Louisa were buried in the Turbeville Cemetery, Horry County, South Carolina.

Children of James Richard Turbeville and Florence Bulluck:

7. i. Lillian Mae Turbeville
8. ii. Von Turbeville
9. iii. Crumer Turbeville

Children of James Richard Turbeville and Louisa Grainger:

10. i. Mary Turbeville
11. ii. Frank James Turbeville
12. iii. Robert E. Turbeville

I hope this was helpful.