Timeline view or report

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Bogbunny

Timeline view or report

Post by Bogbunny » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:51 pm

One of the things that I&#39ve found to be missing in iFamily but present in other similar programs is a useful timeline view. Reunion seems to have a pretty good one and it would be useful to colour code by generation as you can often have people of similar ages in adjacent families and timeline would make this easy to see.

I&#39ve been using Bee Docs Timeline 3D app to show family time lines although it would be much easier if it could import a Gedcom file (a feature I have submitted a request for), or even better, have iFamily &#39talk&#39 to it directly. It&#39s already been useful in highlighting anomalies in my family history such a births before parents wed, children born after a parents death (all of which may be the case but need to be investigated). This app has been great for producing beautiful timelines that are great for showing family history and events back through either single or multiple bloodlines e.g compare 2 branches of the family.

BTW - yes I know that iFamily has a timeline button within the events pane but that only produces a timeline or the focus person (unless I&#39m missing something)

NigelRichman

Post by NigelRichman » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:56 pm

Hi Bogbunny,

Timeline integration sounds useful but you mentioned that it had helped you find some anomalies in your family history.

Did you know that iFamily has a &#39Data inconsistency&#39 report built in that you can set to report on things like:

Birth Dates (Mother <15 or >45, Father <15 or >70)
Death Dates
Marriage Dates (spouse living and >12 yrs old)
etc.

Not sure if the options cover all your needs but I would expect Warwick could add some extra report options if asked.

Nigel