Merging excludes Pictures!

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
Kirsten

Merging excludes Pictures!

Post by Kirsten » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:45 am

I use the "Pictures" section a lot for .png of a document to support my memory. I also place there .pdf or .tif of other documentation I have found such as census records.

When I go to merge two people, they might each have important "Pictures", (maybe some of the same ones, maybe different, maybe one of them more than the other) there looks to be no way that the "pictures" merge. At least I do not see them.

Slightly laborious method: Of course I could carefully one by one do a manual transfer of "Pictures" from one person to the other before I merge the rest, but if I forget to check on whether the associated person now being merged had any pictures attached... - poof...

Kirsten

Post by Kirsten » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:12 pm

Additional thoughts upon awakening this morning:
Yesterday's posting might sound as if I would rarely encounter the problem/inconvenience described. Not so!
I want to explain why the "Pictures" merging is of any meaningful relevance to me:

I use associated person often when I highly suspect that someone (a witness at a baptism or a wedding) will turn up to be related, even though it is right then not clear to me exactly how. Creating an associated person gives me a vehicle for entering information, often in the form of documents as "Pictures" about that person.

Later when I know how the associated person is related, I can merge the two.

This therefore becomes a not unusual maneuver! (Double negative, I know! - still seemed like the best way to say it!)