Data Entry

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
mikeup

Data Entry

Post by mikeup » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:13 am

I have release V2.526 for Lion compatibility, it is available from the in program update feature.

When entering events much of the data is the same for each individual so I think it would save a lot of time if it was possible to repeat the data for each person rather than manually enter the same data for each of several people e.g. Entering data for a census event for a family of ten people normally means the following is the same for each:
Event name/description
Event date
Event place

Its true that with the name and place you only need to type some of the characters but this does not apply to the date. Ideally it would be great if you only had to enter the event name for the other two field to complete automatically, saving time and improving accuracy.

Mike

NigelRichman

Post by NigelRichman » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:00 pm

Hi Mike,

Are you aware that you can make an Event entry the 'Active' one and then Clone it for other people?

There is a limited set of events that can be used for this at the moment but Warwich was talking about extending the range available.

I believe is is covered in another posting so a search should find more info.

Regards,

Nigel

mikeup

Data Entry

Post by mikeup » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I was not aware that I could make an Event the 'Active' one (only the source) and the only option for cloning seems to be a source from another database.

I think I have found the previous posting you refer to: http://www.ifamilyforleopard.com/forums ... highlight=
but this does not seem to offer a solution. If the Event Date had the option of just entering a couple of characters, as with the other data entry fields, to see a choice this would help as many dates are repeated several times.

When entering citation details to a source I know I can set the 'Page Ref' to automatically repeat but this option would also be good for 'Topics & Notes' as, in my case, these are normally the same for each individual.

Regards,

Mike