DotMac issue

General discussion on the Generation of HTML Web Pages
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

DotMac issue

Post by Keith Wilson » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:31 am

Originally posted by randleirvin

I have tried to link my family html file to my iWeb page.
The Html file is in my idisk and i linked to the index and get a list but selecting any name results in a error page.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

DotMac issue

randleirvin wrote:I have tried to link my family html file to my iWeb page.
The Html file is in my idisk and i linked to the index and get a list but selecting any name results in a error page.
Which version of iFamily for Leopard are you using?

Did you use the iFamily function Reports -> HTML Web Pages ->Upload to MobileMe?

Keith

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

DotMac issue

Version 2.443
uploading to mobile me, loaded some thing someware ?

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

DotMac issue

the index.html listed in the upload web page in ifamily takes me to my welcome page.
I have selected the http://web.mac.com/xxxxxxxxxxx/iWeb/FAM ... lcome.html from ifamily upload window but can not create hyperlink in my iweb welcome page , i get a can not save file message from iweb and there is not hyper link on the iweb page.

i can load web address in to a browser and get to my web file index but not links from any of the names listed, just apple page error message , the home button on the index page takes me to my iweb welcome page. just can't get a link from my page to the ifamily folder.

Keith Wilson
Site Admin

DotMac issue

randleirvin wrote: the index.html listed in the upload web page in ifamily takes me to my welcome page.

I have selected the http://web.mac.com/xxxxxxxxxxx/iWeb/FAM ... lcome.html from ifamily upload window but can not create hyperlink in my iweb welcome page , i get a can not save file message from iweb and there is not hyper link on the iweb page.

i can load web address in to a browser and get to my web file index but not links from any of the names listed, just apple page error message , the home button on the index page takes me to my iweb welcome page. just can't get a link from my page to the ifamily folder.
Hi Randle

Since I need direct access to your web site to see what is happening I propose that we work via email whilst I analyse the cause of your problem.

Keith

Vera

MobileMe Gallery

Post by Vera » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:04 pm

This is somewhat related to the web site issue. I don't yet have a web site, but have easily sent several of my iPhoto albums to the web gallery. A couple I locked, so I need to email viewers with the password, but a couple are unlocked for anyone to view.

It's fun, and though not a family tree, gives a different kind of information, even though most of the photos I've posted into iFamily for each person. :lol:

Jerri

Uploading web pages to .me (.mac)

Post by Jerri » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:12 am

I was delighted at the lightning quick generation of web pages from iFamily and the ease of uploading to .me. However, the generated files are now sitting in Web-Sites-JERRIREL_Webpages_1 in their original file structure.

I created an introductory page using iWeb which I published to .me before uploading the iFamily html files, and pointed the HOME page which iFamily asked for to that page.

However, nothing I do makes it possible for me to see the iFamily files. I can only see the "home" page.

I can&#39t create a link on the "home" (Welcome) page for any of the iFamily files, either. Or, more specifically, I can create one, but it doesn&#39t work.

I have been asked by my local Mac users group to give a program on iFamily at the end of this month and as a part of that, I am trying to put this website together for them. The introductory page has links to the iFamily pages, some reviews of iFamily, and some other helpful links.

If I can&#39t tie these two together, how can I get the iFamily pages to even show up so someone can see them? If I click on the index.html page within the iFamily folder in .me, it asks me whether I want to download or share it, but I can&#39t view it.

Thanks for your help,
Jerri