Export of CSV including marriages

Add your enhancement requests to our ToDo list.
clive boyce

Post by clive boyce » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:47 am

The export of CSV to a spreadsheet or database is extremely helpful and I wished I had realised it was available earlier. Is there a way I can include marriages in the export? If not could it be included as a future enhancement? Many thanks, Clive Boyce

NigelRichman

Post by NigelRichman » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:04 pm

Hi Clive,

Assuming you were using the CSV file from the Index menu item then the export does have the marriage details.

Column Q contains a list of all spouses and the following columns are headed Spouse1, Spouse2, Spouse3 &Spouse4.

These contain the ID; name (b. - d.); Date of marriage; year of marriage; place of marriage.

Hopefully this is what you need.

Nigel

clive boyce

Post by clive boyce » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Nigel,
Many thanks for your very quick and promising reply. I still not quite there..
I select Index/Generate CSV File/ then I get People Index CSV Options/ select: Person ID, Given Names, Family Names, Birth year, Birth Place, Death year, Death Place, Father&#39s name, Mother&#39s name. Then is it better to select spouse variable column or single column? I seem to get lots of data in the end columns which is hard to follow. All the other columns are clear and based on a single item.
Ideally I would like place and date of marriage in separate columns.
The import into Apple Numbers is brilliant.
So which options should I select to get the best marriage information?
Clive

NigelRichman

Post by NigelRichman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:49 am

Hi Clive,

You can select either or both of the Spouses options.

The Single column option controls whether or not a comma separated list of Spouses with birth and death dates is generated (this data is in quotes so will not generate multiple columns).

The Variable Spouses options generates an extra column for each spouse and includes the name, dates of birth and death, date of marriage, year of marriage and place of marriage.

It is not possible to control the data to generate separate columns as you would like. This would be a change for Warwick to investigate.

Nigel