How do I upgrade to the latest release?

Frequently asked questions have been answered here
Keith Wilson
Site Admin

How do I upgrade to the latest release?

Post by Keith Wilson » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:31 am

How do I upgrade to the latest version of iFamily for Leopard?

If you do NOT already own a live copy of iFamily for Leopard (or Tiger)

Click here to go to the iFamily Home Page and then press the Demo button.

If you already own a live copy of iFamily for Tiger

You can upgrade iFamily for Tiger to the latest release at any time using menu option iFamily for Tiger -> Download Latest Release.

If you already own a live copy of iFamily for Leopard

You can upgrade iFamily for Leopard to the latest release at any time using menu option iFamily for Leopard -> Download Latest Release.

Instructions:

1. Do not move or delete any existing files associated with iFamily for Leopard (or Tiger).

2. Start iFamily for Leopard (or Tiger) and make sure that you are connected to the internet.

3. Go to menu option iFamily for Leopard (or Tiger)-> Download Latest Release (see the screen snapshot below)

4. iFamily for Leopard (or Tiger) will advise you if there is a new release available for download.

5. Download the new release - it is a dmg file and will be saved on your desktop.

6. The dmg file should automatically open - if it doesn't auto open then find it on your desktop and double click on it.

7. Double click on the pkg file when it appears and follow the installation instructions.

8. Quit from iFamily for Leopard (or Tiger).

9. If you have not previously done so then drag iFamily for Leopard.app from your Applications folder into your Dock.

9A. If you have previously been using iFamily for Tiger then remove the iFamily for Tiger from the Dock

10. Start iFamily for Leopard by clicking on the icon in the Dock.

11. Send the Registration email for the new release so that we can more easily understand any questions that you send us.

12. Finally, having old dmg files lying around causes confusion, remove the dmg file from your desktop, discard it. You can always ask us to send you another if you ever need it.

Arnd_Gehrmann

Re: How do I upgrade to the latest release?

Post by Arnd_Gehrmann » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:41 am

After doing the update to OS X 10.11.x El Captain, iFamily dont work for me any more and so, i´m also not able to start iFamilies internal update function. i´m also not able to register the actual demoversion.
How to download the actual version of iFamily? Is there an URL?
greetings
A.

NigelRichman

Post by NigelRichman » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:30 pm

Hi,

Assuming you are a registered user then you need to go to the Members area on the Forum and head to the link for the latest version (currently v 2.9.3) which works on all El Capitan releases.

Regards,

Nigel

ctrunfree

Post by ctrunfree » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:13 am

I've just had to get a new Macbook Air running El Capitan, and now iFamily is not loading the data that I had on iFamily for Leopard on the old machine, even after updating to the latest version. I do however have two Royal family trees, but not 10 years of my own work.

ctrunfree

Post by ctrunfree » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:28 am

Phew, found-just had to hunt for the right file.

drmini

Post by drmini » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:11 pm

I am in the same boat, have just upgraded the Macbook to el Capitan.
I have been to the members area but cannot find this elusive link?

Warwick Wilson
Site Admin

Post by Warwick Wilson » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:15 am

This thread is quite out of date, but for one 9 years old thats not such a bad thing.

There is always a link to download the latest version as the head topic in the members area of the forum, (requires login). Here is a link:

http://ifamilyformac.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=11

Robert Moles

Post by Robert Moles » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:19 pm

My MAC computer (Mac OS 10.12.6) will not open iFamily. I am guessing that I should have upgraded i Family when I upgraded the Mac OS. How can I fix this? Have I lost all my data? Please help!

Note I have not opened my iFamily for quite a while due to two major surgeries.

Your help will be much appreciated!

Robert Moles

NigelRichman

Post by NigelRichman » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:51 pm

Hi Robert

To update your copy of iFamily just follow the link in the post before yours and install the latest version.

This one works with macOS High Sierra and Sierra

I am guessing that you have updated your OS since you last used iFamily and the version you are trying to run is not compatible.

Don’t worry your data is all safe and will be there when you update.

Regards

Nigel